Join the STEA
Benefits of Membership
The STEA creates a special opportunity to grow business opportunities in a unique and friendly environment. There are many benefits to becoming a STEA member, among them are the following:
- Exclusive membership in a premier networking group of successful business people, where you can develop new business friends and contacts
- A delicious lunch with peers each week, that are also active, regular forums discussing business and financial issues
- Business listing on the STEA website, and inclusion in online & print marketing promotions
- Preferred service and discounts from STEA members
- Membership in the International Executives Association, with regular newsletters and a listing on the IEA roster. The IEA has affiliated associations in over 100 cities!
- Generate new business potential, as your fellow members will act as "additional" executive sales people to help market your business, just as you will do for them
- Learn firsthand information on new developments in products and services offered by fellow members
Criteria & Expectations of Membership
Recognize that this is not a "sales generating" group. The focus of the STEA is to build trust & relationships, and that takes time. Many members refer to the STEA as one of their best long-term investments in their business.
- Prospective members must have been in business for at least six months before submitting an application for membership.
- Attend lunch each week (yourself or your alternate). 75% attendance is the minimum expectation, the majority of which should be the primary member. Advise the Executive Director if you are unable to attend.
- Get to know fellow members
- Present a “Craft Talk” once per year. This is a 15-20 minute presentation about your business, to help other members better understand your services. This helps them send more leads your way.
- When talking to family/friends/colleagues, refer them to your fellow members whenever possible.
- Pay dues promptly. Dues are billed quarterly, and are currently $250.00 plus HST. These dues cover the cost of the weekly lunches, as well as the administrative costs for the Association. Invoices will be emailed out, so you don’t have to worry about keeping track.
- Remain within your classification at meetings. If your business overlaps the classification of another member, promote strictly within your classification at the STEA.
For more information on how to join the STEA contact us.
Examples of open classifications:
Audio / Stereo / TV
Glass & Mirror
Lawyer / Paralegal Services
Moving & Storage
Painting & Decorating